The northeast is rather cold this week, isn’t it?
One thing about traveling (and even not-traveling) is, you stumble upon fragments of other people’s stories. So here’s today’s:
A mom and teen on the rental car shuttle beside me, daughter holding a slim instrument case.
Mom asks quietly, “You ready for this?”
Daughter answers, more quietly, “Yeah.”
Writing for the Long Haul will be on hold until my return. Why not catch up on earlier posts in the series while I’m gone?
- Elena Acoba on touching reader lives
- Steve Miller on building a writing life
- Sharon Lee on remembering we’re not alone
- Betty G. Birney on always challenging ourselves
- Nora Raleigh Baskin on making deals with the writing gods
- Sean Williams on unpredictability and luck
- Deborah J. Ross on writing through crisis
- Sharon Shinn on managing time
- Marge Pellegrino on feeding the restless yearning to write
- Sarah Zettel on embracing ignorance and writing your passions
- Uma Krishnaswami on honoring unreasonable exuberance
- Jennifer J. Stewart on finding community and support
- Sherwood Smith on keeping inspiration alive
- Mette Ivie Harrison on defining success
- Jeffrey J. Mariotte on why we write
- Judith Tarr on reinventing ourselves
- Kathi Appelt on the power of story
- Cynthia Leitich Smith on balancing business and creativity
Mirrored from Janni Lee Simner / Desert Dispatches.